Monday, January 12, 2009

A marriage proposal

At the begining of this year I set myself 30 New years resolutions. I have completed 5 already. I have been BUSY,busy b-u-s-y. I have sorted out my entire loft. I have shopped till I dropped - well a lot of shopping(My plastic is well worn) and I have done a lot of cooking,cleaning,exercising,walking, writing, reading. Just a lot of a lot.

Last night I couldn't sleep and so I went out about 1.30am for a walk by the River Trent. I met this man. He was very intoxicated but seemed pleasant. We chatted a bit, and he asked me to marry him. When I declined he threw a bottle at me I didn't realise he had stashed. It whacked my leg as it smashed to the ground, but none of the flailing pieces hit me. Then the police turned up and he ran off, so did I though I'm not sure why. I have a bruise now but it doesn't bother me. Something magical about walking at night, and the water so still, perfect and inticing.

So far 2009 is going well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are still in good spirits, but make sure you take care of yourself. Just as well you found out before the wedding that he was a bottle thrower :)

Lola x

La-reve said...

Thanks Lola- indeed that's what I thought

David said...

Gawd, reminds me of my walks by the Trent when I lived in Newark...! No offers of marriage though, atb D

That's not my name! said...

Hi Lareve

So that's how they do it these days? Propose, I mean.

Yes, romance is well and truly dead!!

Joking aside...what a tosspot doing that to you.

I try and empathise with people who are struggling (he who is without lunacy throwing the first hissy fit and all that) but sometimes even I have limits to my compassion.

On a non scientific, but it works for me basis, geranium oil helps with bruises...helps me. Can't speak for anyone else (and I adore the smell).

Take care honey x